IASB future agenda – 5 themes summarised
5 themes from IASB public consultation on its future agenda, summarised as follows:
1) After 10 years of continuous change in financial reporting, a period of relative calm is needed;
2) Unanimous support to prioritise work on Conceptual Framework;
3) Targeted improvements to respond to needs of new adopters of IFRS;
4) Greater attention to implementation and maintenance of the Standards;
5) The way in which the IASB develops new Standards can be improved.
For full IASB press release visist http://www.ifrs.org/Alerts/ProjectUpdate/Pages/Agenda-Consultation-Feedback-statement-Dec-2012.aspx